Sunday 23 February 2014

Day 3 : Leaving Jordan






While we were on our way to the Wadi Rum, the Jordanian Tour guide gave us a very interesting explanation of what the word "Israel" mean. He explained that "El" means the Upper God, and "Isra" means walking towards, so "Israel" means walking towards (the upper God).

I find this explanation so apt for me on this journey. I hope that this trip to Israel is me walking towards the Upper God. 

In this video are photos of the Jordanian / Israel Borders.

The land beyond the gates is the path most commonly known as the "no man's land". We had to lug our luggage across into Israel with fear and anticipation in our hearts.  All of us pilgrims were told to walk straight ahead and not to look back. 

Actually this experience gave me a feeling of being like the Israelites leaving Egypt and walking into the Promised Land during Moses' time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment